Tuesday, September 4, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Brandi & Lissy -The Birthday Girls Miss Rikki celebrating too!!
PHOTOS SUPPLIED BY MELISSA (Lissy) and her new camera

I was busy doing some work (most mums know this can only happen once the kids go to bed and our children are notorious night owls) when David said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I had forgotten my own birthday as the clock ticked past midnight. What happened to the days when I would count down months ahead?? Anyway, how could I have truly forgotten? I will teach Tuesday night Charlotte Hoynes, Brandi McGuire & Melissa McDonald who all share a birthday with me. Party at 55 Wheelers Lane- I am just not sure I have the stamina to blow out my candles or whether I should just grab for the fire extinguisher. Anyway, Happy Birthday Girls and Happy Birthday Me!* UPDATE- Thankyou everyone for your birthday greetings. I am just home after sharing a celebration with Grade 4 Ballet and most notably, Melissa and Brandi who both celebrated their 11th Birthdays today. Brandi had cake and candles for us and a lovely gift for me. So spoilt. Instead of warm down,we warmed up with some pizza and cake. It was great fun. Gail surprised me with DREAM SKIRT!! I was beside myself (look out for me at Concert, dream skirt will be adorning me for sure!!) Then Sonya & Beanie did the nicest thing. They arrived with a dessert (very secret recipe) that my nanna used to make and that I haven't had in 26 years. My nanna was Vera May and she was incredibly special to me. (Immy is Imogen VeraMae) I always feel her with me but this sweet just brought her home. WHAT A BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: