DRESS REHEARSAL TIMETABLE & INFORMATION
This year we are holding our dress rehearsals over two afternoons. We understand that for some children this will mean they will be required due to their number of classes and segments they are performing in on both afternoons. Please appreciate that every decision we make is in the very best interests of the students. We feel our students benefit best when it is less busy, less congested in the back of the theatre and when we have more precious time on stage to ensure that our lighting, sound and other effects will best enhance our students and ensure that it is a magical and memorable time for them. We also appreciate that it’s a busy time of year and people work and there is the rush after school so we understand that the students may not be picture perfect. We know they will look absolutely beautiful on the days of the concert. We do ask that if you are unsure of hair and make up that you do practise on the dress rehearsal days so we can best guide you.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY, 6th DEC 3.30- 4.30pm
This will be an exclusive time slot just for Angelina students. All classes in the Angelina program will be required at this time. Please arrive dressed 15 mins prior to the commencement of the rehearsal so we can settle the students, say their goodbyes and take them into the auditorium. They will be dismissed at 4.30pm and taken through stage doors to meet their parents. We ask only one family member picks them up as there is simply not adequate space for a huge amount of people in the limited area we are given for backstage collection. They are only little so we don’t want them overwhelmed by a huge amount of people waiting. Our Angelina students and Little Stars ( preschool jazz will feature in their own FINALE” which will conclude the first exciting half of our performance. They will also receive their 2018 presentation at this time. Costume Collection will occur in class in the lessons leading up to Dress Rehearsal.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY, 6th DEC 5pm- 7.30pmSTUDENTS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE AT THE THEATRE BY 4.45pm dressed in costume and ready to perform. All students in the first half will be dismissed at 7.30pm Students will wait in theatre auditorium unless they have costume changes where they will be permitted to access dressing rooms. Costume Collection for Classical ballet, Senior Dancers andPerformance will occur in class in the lead up to Dress Rehearsals given that costume fees have been fully paid and 2018 Invoices are fully paid for Dance Tuition. Costume Collection for Jazz, Hip Hop, Modern/ Contemporary Dance will occur on Wednesday, 5th December at the studio between 4-7pm and all balances will be payable to Sonya O’Connor. ( information on amounts owing will be available soon.)
DRESS REHEARSALS- FRIDAY, 7th DEC 4-7pm
Students appearing in the second half of the show will need to be at the theatre, fully dressed and ready to go at 3.45pm. Students appearing in the second half will be dismissed from theatre at 7.00pm. They will be sat in theatre auditorium whilst they are waiting but if they have costume changes they will be permitted to access dressing rooms.
Thank you to all the generous people who have volunteered to assist us on Concert Days. We will need our volunteers to be inducted by Theatre Staff at 12.30pm Saturday, 8th December. This will give only those who are our volunteers and assisting in supervision and organisation access to back of house areas of the theatre.
· Entry to Dress Rehearsals is via Carrington Ave entrance. Students are to be taken to back glass door ( stage door.) Please ensure that you are dressed and ready to commence rehearsals at your nominated time. This will be a full dress rehearsal in running order.
· Students are to have their names marked off on their class roll as a sign in for rehearsal. Performers and Parents are NOT permitted in the foyer area of the Theatre. REHEARSALS ARE CLOSED. ( Parents, friends etc are NOT permitted backstage, stage area or within the theatre auditorium.) Parents may wait in dressing room areas to assist with costume changes but only if your child has a costume change on that day of rehearsal. Parents of young performers are welcome to stay in the Dressing Rooms Area. Students are fully supervised in theatre.
· Students are to wait to be called for each rehearsal. They will be dismissed from stage or auditorium at close of their rehearsal.
· Students with changes for rehearsals are asked to be prompt. This is a good rehearsal for the actual day as there are a few quick changes needed. Please set up side stage for the very quick changes.
· No food or drink in the theatre auditorium during rehearsals. Young students should not be eating and drinking while in costume. Please ensure that all students have a water bottle that is labelled with their name.
· Dressing Rooms are to be left tidy.
· Students must sign out before leaving the premises.
3 3.45pm arrival FIRST HALF OF SHOW- ANGELINA STUDENTS ( students to be collected at 4.30pm sharp.
Times on second page
4.45pm arrival- FIRST HALF PERFORMERS
The above students can be collected from Carrington Ave, stage door entrance at 7.30pm
DRESS REHEARSALS- Thursday, 6th DEC 5.00-7.30pm
Yesterday is but today’s memory and tomorrow is today’s dream.
1. Clocks- Open Modern/Compere Warrick McCarthy and Cale Slack-Smith
2. Step back in time- All Performance Students
3. Time after time- Isabella Gibson
Every Swan was once a little duckling. With wings, we fly.
4. Swans- Grade 3,4 & 5 Ballet
5. Ducklings- Angelina Students
6. Swan Lake- Pointe
PREHISTORIC TIMES “Always be yourself, unless you can be a dinosaur. Then, Always Be a Dinosaur. “ Yabba Dabba Doo.
7. Walk the Dinosaur- 6 Jazz
Walk Like an Egyptian
8. Egyptians- Open hip hop
Come Fly With Me
1. Jet Set- Junior Performance
“What If I Fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly?”
2. Jade Bunt- Soloist
3. Emma Duffy – Soloist & 2018 Brisbane Grand Prix International Finalist
“This Christmas may you remember the dreams of childhood and may you experience the wonder they once had.”
4. The Nutcracker- Grade 1 & 2 Ballet
5. Dolls- Angelina Students
6. End of time- Open Jazz
“Let them be Little cause they’re only that way for a while.”
7. Let them be little- 8 years Modern Performance
8. Tiny tots Finale – Our youngest dancers take their bows and receive their 2018 Presentation with our hope that “ we will let them be little, fill their hearts with laughter, help them grow wings, nurture their sense of wonder, inspire them to believe and love them like there is no tomorrow.”
“It’s not where you go, It’s who you meet along the way.”
9. Wizard of Oz- Junior Musical Theatre and Performance featuring Charlotte Scott- 2018 Scholarship Winner
Interval – 20 mins
STUDENTS IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE THERE BY 3.45pm on Friday, 7th December dressed and ready for rehearsals. They can be collected at 7pm.
TIME HAS A WONDERFUL WAY OF SHOWING US WHAT REALLY MATTERS
1. Mean Girls- Senior Musical Theatre
2. Hip to be square- Junior Hip Hop
A Salute to Times of Old
3. Salute- 14 years Jazz
4. Bugle Boy- Junior jazz
Rock Around the Clock
5. Jailhouse rock- 10 Years Jazz
6. Cup of Life- Open Tap
7. Gangsters- Junior Tap
8. 90s- Intermediate Hip Hop
9. Swinging Sixties- 8 years Jazz
10. Disco Inferno-12 Years Jazz
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away”
11. Farewell Dance- Jade Bunt, Ondine Slack-Smith, Isabella Gibson & Georgia Fuller
12. Wedding March- Primary Ballet
13. It’s a beautiful day- Intermediate Tap
14. Sleeping Beauty “The Christening” - Primary Ballet
15. Maggie- Open Neo Classical “A special tribute to my beloved Aunty Monica who passed away on the 20th September. Dedicated to one of my greatest fans and her family in the audience today. Fly High.
16. Sky full of Stars- Junior Modern
17. Intermediate Modern- Wherever you will go
SLIDESHOW 2018 FINALE’- We welcome all students back on stage for our 2018 Finale “ I’ve Had the Time of My Life.”
At the close of the 5pm Show we will have our 2018 Presentation of Awards. Angelina students will be awarded in each of their shows during the Tiny Tots Finale.
Notes for Concert Day Organisation will be supplied closer to the event. Hair & Make Up notes and other exciting information has previously been given out during class in the weeks leading up to concert. All notes will also be posted on the blog and a link given on our FB page. Commemorative Tshirts should be available first week of December and Concert Programs can be ordered ( as we have a strictly limited print) for $10.
We are flying the incredible Winki Pop Team ( Dance Specialist Photographers) in to capture our shows and Press Play Productions will be filming keepsake DVDS. Information on ordering will be available via Facebook.
Stay Calm and Sparkle!