Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ORANGE EISTEDDFOD- THE JOURNEY

Hey as promised this post will take you behind the scenes of our most recent performance. I commenced my trek to Orange with the gnawing feeling that perhaps I hadn't packed everything we needed for Orange. I have to wonder if the students ever consider us mums in their shining moments on stage. I think not......I can remember my days on the Eisteddfod circuit and shudder. My poor entourage would be behind me laden with my bags, make up, props, costumes and I would play the "star." (Mothers out there heed my words, your child will one day look back on you with much gratitude, appreciation and fondness for everything you do and have done for them. ) I have to say, we have a great bunch of Mothers and a great bunch of kids who for the main part give their mums a great deal of respect and thanks. Anyway, we got to Orange and I once again obsessively checked the costume bag. All was good!! This was also the very first Eisteddfod that all four of the Von Slack-Smith children accompanied me on. (what was i thinking???) Early in the afternoon on Friday, I ran into Katie and Millie Rice downtown and dragged them back to my motel room to help amuse my children. Katie managed to supply me with many memorable quotes but the one I related to most was "oh Miss Rikki, how doooooo you deal with all these children." (you had to be there to witness the look on Katie's face, it was a mixture of awe, horror and fatigue as Cale repeatedly jumped on the bed and squealed for her attention.) Cale loooooooves the Rices and his love can be a little claustophobic. Katie was fabulous and very grown up and helped me all afternoon and again at dinner so thank you very much. Regina aka REGGIE(as Cale says) took the kids to the park (yes she braved Cale in a wide open landscape) while Leesa , Gail and I looked at NEW PREMISES FOR ORANGE!!!! Thankyou!!

No comments: