Wednesday, December 5, 2007

MAGS DANCERS DO US PROUD

I was a proud mum (and dance teacher) sitting in the Civic Centre tonight at the MAGS 2007 Presentation. Aside from the occasional day dream about how the stage would look on Dec 22nd with this or that, I was overwhelmed to witness quite a few Stepping Out kids up on the stage accepting Academic Awards. How can it be possible that our dancers can be so clever too?? Brains, beauty, personality and rhythm and co-ordination!!! Congratulations to Katie Rice (Citizenship Award- Junior School), Yr 3 Academic Awards- Amelia Rice, Immy Slack-Smith (go girl!!), Year 4 Academic Awards- Katie Rice, Alex Gemmell, Samantha Wallace, Year 5 Academic Awards- Paris Burns, Chess Award- Katie Rice (I am intrigued-katie we need to talk) Silver Badge Award- Amelia Rice and Junior School Vice Captain for 2008 Amelia Rice. I know Millie will use her powers for good and not for evil. Well done Girls. I was so proud of you all and yes concert stress and lack of sleep meant I demonstrated my pride quite openly!!!! I am sure we have Stepping Out kids shining at schools everywhere so don't forget to tell me so I can brag about you. Education is so important!!

No comments: