Tuesday, January 27, 2009

AUSSIE ! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI OI OI


I meant to get on yesterday and wish you all a Happy Australia Day but with school starting back and our family celebrating with a sumptuous SAO feast poolside with friends, I was a little distracted! Anyway, I try and think I am not much of an ocker when it comes to "Australia" and having studied History and taught it, also like to commemorate what Australia Day signifies for our indigenous people. Still, all that aside, I need to share on this post Australia Day, the unbelievable pride I felt as an Australian dance teacher watching Australian dancers be so warmly received by the parade crowd at the Main Street Parade at Disneyland during our famed trip last September! Leesa and I had the privilege of not only witnessing our dancers but dancers from all over Australia in audition, rehearsal and then parade! Literally, thousands of people lined Main Street Disneyland and it was such a special moment especially when I heard a chorus of "aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi' as our kids paraded and danced their hearts out! Australians are a rare and unique breed! We are indeed lucky! Happy Australia Day for yesterday!

No comments: