Friday, April 11, 2008

INSPIRATION

I thought I would share this with you.......am watching a show as I update the blog. The show tells the story of a dance teacher who hasn't been able to dance a step in 2 years because she has been diagnosed with MS. Instead of dancing, she can only take tentative steps yet she still goes into the studio every day to share her knowledge and passion with her students. She watches them and guides them yet must be reminded painfully every day of what she can no longer do. I have danced for 30 years and I can't imagine what it would be like to have that taken from me. Though she can barely stand, she says that she is still a dancer and that she dances in her spirit and she continues to dance through her students. I, realised how fortunate we are that we can walk, let alone dance so lets celebrate our body's ability to move. To all my students, I hope that you grow to celebrate your bodies and not curse them. let's not worry and wish we were thinner, taller, smaller, more muscular, more this, less that and all those other crazy phobias that haunt us. Know this, i will remind myself of this too, a dancer can be very hard on themselves, demanding perfection in our steps and our physique. When we look in the mirror next, look at what you have and not what you don't!! I know it isn't easy but remember to celebrate you.

No comments: