Well, well, what a night!! As Andrew Erskine & Tim Jenkins shimmied up the red carpet to the strains of Dirty Dancing's "I've Had the Time of My Life", I couldn't help but think that tune could well be the anthem of the evening. The red carpet arrival of the dads whipped the crowd into a frenzy. The paparazzi, courtesy of Daily Liberal & Photo News were unrelentless. Everyone wanted a piece of these dads. The dads were hounded by star struck fans wanting autographs and everyone was hoping to get up close and personal with one of the "celebrity" dads. The night was bigger than expected and we were overwhelmed by the flood of support that this project has received. BIG THANKS to all involved in making the LAUNCH the massive success that it was. The catering was divine and our USA TEAM once again did us proud in their enthusiasm and style. There will be lots of photos so check back, I am not ready to lay the Launch to rest just yet. WE even had a SPECIAL GUEST, Mr Daniel Slater (be still my beating heart) but he deserves his own post. So here it is, our Honour Roll of THANKS;
* LAUNCH COMMITTEE- Miss Leesa (plus her musical tribute to the dads=AWESOME!), Gail Berwick, Regina Rice, Julie McDonald, Lynne Duffy, Kerry Campbell, Anne O'Connor, Sue Ellen Hart, Roseanne Murray, Sonya O'Connor and yours truly. GO TEAM!!
* JOHN RYAN- our close friend and MC for the night!! Thanks John, your dulcet tones added something extra.
* TOM "AUCTIONEER" SUPREME- Tom doesn't need a surname, he has now entered legendary single name status. He certainly got those wallets open. Thankyou so much!!
* FABULOUS STAFF AT THE PASTORAL- Greg Pilon & his team were simply outstanding. Thankyou so much for your generosity and willingness to help us- nothing was too big an ask.
* ANG WINMILL & EMILIE OWENS- These gorgeous girls certainly worked so hard all night on the door. How fantastic to be greeted by their beautiful, smiling faces??
* USA TEAM- You guys are champions in every way!!
* Parents of the USA TEAM- Thanks for the sensational food and enthusiasm!!
* SONYA O'CONNOR- I think Sonya needs a post all of her own. Sonya you've done it again!! Sonya once again proved to be a bottomless pool of genius and creativity. She masterminded costumes, photography, layout, graphics and created a calendar that far exceeded our grand expectations. Thankyou so much for using your powers for such good!!
* SUE ELLEN HART- Sue Ellen in cahoots with the ever happy Gerard co-ordinated the sponsorship and created the advertising for each business. Thankyou so much!!
* DUBBO BUSINESSES- We were overwhelmed with the support given to us by local businesses. Thankyou so much for being a part of this and assisting us with your kind sponsorships!!
* OUR GUESTS- what a raucous fun bunch you all turned out to be?? Thankyou - it was incredible to be in a room full of such positive energy. Oh yes the atmosphere was electric!!
* THE DADS- in 20 years time this calendar will still endure......your daughters will remember what you have done for them for far longer than 2008. (you guys are getting your own post too!! LEGENDS!!)