Please ensure that all fringes are gelled and sprayed back from face as per hair style for your group. Please use a fine tooth comb on damp hair with plenty of gel and spray. All bands used in hair should be clear or in matching hair shade. Classical Buns will require hair nets, pins etc. ALL HAIR PIECES ARE TO BE PINNED (if using one.) If one of your routines requires braids, please just keep braids in and then for other routines place in bun or ponytail as required.
FUTURE STARS BALLET (CATS) & JAZZ (HAWAIIAN ELVIS)
Section hair from top of ear and slick back into band. (top section will be up) Rest of hair left out and curled. Please see photos on blog and on notice board.
GREAT COMPOSERS BALLETS- PRIMARY ,LEVEL 2 BALLET & OPEN
Classical Buns. Buns should be flat and even. It is best to pin as you go. Hair must be slicked and buns will require plenty of pins, hair net. NO FRINGES.
ALL JUNIOR JAZZ GROUPS & TAP GROUPS(6yrs, 8 yrs, 10yrs JAZZ)
Hair is to be slicked into high ponytails (no fringes) using gel and hairspray and curled or with hair piece (available through shop.)
ALL CONTEMPORARY GROUPS & LEVEL 4 BALLET (Phantom of the Opera.)
Hair is to be in two side braids for top section and rest left out.
ALL HIP HOP GROUPS
Girls- slicked into a high pony tail. No Fringes and hair should be gelled and sprayed.
Boys- hair in own cool style.
PERFORMANCE & DRAMA Own rock star hair style or wig. Hair must still be neat and off face. Performance students (8 yrs “Rubberneckin”, 10 Yrs “James Brown” & 14 yrs “Michael Jackson” hair, costume & make up as per Eisteddfods.
CHERS- Hair in two side braids and then teased out and curled.
MADONNAS- as above
DOLLYS- as above
KYLIES- Hair slicked into high pony tail and curled or hair piece.
BOYS- as per character
TIGHTS & SHOES
* All Classical Ballet students will require pink ballet tights and ballet shoes (elastic or ribbon.) Opens will require pointe’ shoes. Boys- black ballet shoes.
* Future Stars Ballet “Cats”- pink ballet shoes
* Future Stars Jazz “Hawaiian Elvis”- bare feet, BOYS- jazz shoes or sneakers.
* ALL JAZZ STUDENTS 10YRS & UNDER- camel jazz shoes ideally or DANCE sneakers
* ALL JAZZ STUDENTS 12 YRS & OVER & PERFORMANCE- matte tan tights, camel jazz shoes ideally or dance sneakers.
* ALL HIP HOP STUDENTS- jazz sneakers or hi top sneakers or converse. Check with Miss Emma if your shoes are appropriate.
* ALL TAP STUDENTS- matte tan tights & camel tap shoes.
* ALL CONTEMPORARY STUDENTS- bare feet & legs.
Please note if wearing underwear it must be skin tone and older girls are encouraged to wear skin body suits or adequate support if necessary.
DRAMA & PERFORMANCE are all involved in Opening Act “ROCK STARS” and are required to co-ordinate their own unique ROCK GOD OR DIVA look. Please be as over the top as you like. You can be obsessed fans, bogan rockers, punk rockers, metal heads etc. Outfits should be brought to stage rehearsal to check with Miss Emma & Miss Rikki. We suggest lots of accessories, wigs, whatever. Have Fun with it and ROCK ON!! Other Performance Acts include 8 years Performance teams ELVIS, 10 yrs Performance “GET UP OFFA THAT THING-James Brown” & 14 yrs Performance “Michael Jackson.” Please make sure you pack these costumes for CONCERT but dress rehearsal for existing costumes is not necessary.