Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dubbo Eisteddfod- A Retrospective

As I emerge Lazarus style from Dubbo Eisteddfod, I am happy to report I am almost at full recovery ( miraculous indeed since i was wedged between Arch and Cale for the last two nights....Archer's only relief was to slap me frequently across head in his feverish state while Cale groaned and twisted and turned.) Still, the few hours of sleep bestowed to me have revitalised me. Miss Leesa is too on the mend. The laundry still waits to be folded but that can wait until the weekend. The mounting pile somewhere soft to fall if I collapse from all the excitement and stress of the last few weeks.
Dubbo Eisteddfod, been and gone, a blur of sequins, tutus, heady aroma of hair lacquer, bright smiles and the spotlight. My only disappointment that Stepping Out seems so lacking in the razzle dazzle mums. I did spy a few in the auditorium and they are always good for a giggle but aren't we fortunate to have such a wonderful group of families and performers. A big thankyou to everyone involved for making it such a pleasure. Our students, are as I told them tonight not just wonderful dancers but more importantly,wonderful people. Their sportsmanship and enjoyment and respect for their fellow competitors was just fantastic.
Whilst we live in such a fast paced, results driven society, it is important to reflect on the true merits of competition. Success is best defined by the amazing feeling one gets when you know you have done your best. We were so proud of you all. I just can't describe the goosebumps we get when our kids step out onto that stage and perform. YOU HAVE ALL COME SO FAR!! I know I said it after Gulgong but how much have you all improved and Dubbo was honestly the best I have seen most of the routines. WHOO HOO!!
Awesome efforts, stunning grooming, gorgeous costuming, beautiful dancing, soulful performances!! Results as follows;
* 1st 10yrs & U Jazz Group
* 1st 8yrs & U Jazz Group
* 2nd 12yrs & U Contemporary Group
* Highly Commended- 10yrs & U Modern Group
* 3rd 12yrs & U Jazz Group
* Encouragement- 12yrs & U Jazz Group, 12yrs & U Contemporary, 8yrs & U Classical, Open Jazz, 10yrs & U Classical, 12yrs & U Modern Group.
WELL DONE EVERYONE!! Lots of wonderful comments from audience and community ( yes we know you love the Clown dance and that the open jazz was amazing!!!) Hahaha- we love that the Open Jazz was only finished 2 hrs before they danced. We like to live on the Edge but it really was just a warm up for the States. Rest up everyone!

No comments: