DRESS REHEARSAL TIMETABLE & INFORMATION
This year we are holding our dress rehearsals over two afternoons. We understand that for some children this will mean they will be required due to their number of classes and segments they are performing in on both afternoons. Please appreciate that every decision we make is in the very best interests of the students. We felt last year that it was far too busy, congested in the back of the theatre and we needed more precious time on stage to ensure that our lighting, sound and other effects will best enhance our students and ensure that it is a magical and memorable time for them. We also appreciate that it’s a busy time of year and people work and there is the rush after school so we understand that the students may not be picture perfect. We know they will look absolutely beautiful on the days of the concert. We do ask that if you are unsure of hair and make up that you do practise on the dress rehearsal days so we can best guide you.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY, 1st DEC 3.30- 4.30pm
This will be an exclusive time slot just for Angelina students. All classes in the Angelina program will be required at this time. Please arrive dressed 15 mins prior to the commencement of the rehearsal so we can settle the students, say their goodbyes and take them into the auditorium. They will be dismissed at 4.30pm and taken through stage doors to meet their parents. We ask only one family member picks them up as there is simply not adequate space for a huge amount of people in the limited area we are given for backstage collection. They are only little so we don’t want them overwhelmed by a huge amount of people waiting. Our Angelina students and Little Stars ( preschool jazz will feature in their own FINALE” which will conclude the first exciting half of our performance.
DRESS REHEARSALS- THURSDAY, 1st DEC 5pm- 7.30pm
STUDENTS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE AT THE THEATRE BY 4.45pm dressed in costume and ready to perform. All students in the first half will be dismissed at 7.30pm Students will wait in theatre auditorium unless they have costume changes where they will be permitted to access dressing rooms.
DRESS REHEARSALS- FRIDAY, 2nd DEC 4-7pm
Students appearing in the second half of the show will need to be at the theatre, fully dressed and ready to go at 3.45pm. Students appearing in the second half will be dismissed from theatre at 7.00pm. They will be sat in theatre auditorium whilst they are waiting but if they have costume changes they will be permitted to access dressing rooms.
Thank you to all the generous people who have volunteered to assist us on Concert Days. We will need our volunteers to be inducted by Theatre Staff at 12.30pm Saturday, 3rd December. This will give only those who are our volunteers and assisting in supervision and organisation access to back of house areas of the theatre.
· Entry to Dress Rehearsals is via Carrington Ave entrance. Students are to be taken to back glass door ( stage door.) Please ensure that you are dressed and ready to commence rehearsals at your nominated time. This will be a full dress rehearsal in running order.
· Students are to have their names marked off on their class roll as a sign in for rehearsal. Performers and Parents are NOT permitted in the foyer area of the Theatre. REHEARSALS ARE CLOSED. ( Parents, friends etc are NOT permitted backstage, stage area or within the theatre auditorium.) Parents may wait in dressing room areas to assist with costume changes but only if your child has a costume change on that day of rehearsal. Parents of young performers are welcome to stay in the Dressing Rooms Area. Students are fully supervised in theatre.
· Students are to wait to be called for each rehearsal. They will be dismissed from stage or auditorium at close of their rehearsal.
· Students with changes for rehearsals are asked to be prompt. This is a good rehearsal for the actual day as there are a few quick changes needed. Please set up side stage for the very quick changes.
· No food or drink in the theatre auditorium during rehearsals. Young students should not be eating and drinking while in costume. Please ensure that all students have a water bottle that is labelled with their name.
· Dressing Rooms are to be left tidy.
· Students must sign out before leaving the premises.
3.45pm arrival FIRST HALF OF SHOW- ANGELINA STUDENTS ( students to be collected at 4.30pm sharp.
Times on second page
4.45pm arrival- FIRST HALF PERFORMERS
The above students can be collected from Carrington Ave, stage door entrance at 7.30pm
1. OPENING- “Bless This Show/ Don’t Stop The Music/ Your Song -Eisteddfod Troupe Performance students with vocalist Bella Gibson
2. Lullaby –Angelina students
3. Star Ballet- Grade 1 with Amelia Chapman
4. Let It Be- 14 years Modern Performance
5. Funkytown- 6 Years jazz
6. Edelweiss – Grade 2/3 Ballet
7. Aladdin – Primary Ballet
8. Magic Carpet Ride- Intermediate Modern
9. Annie- 8 Years Performance
10. Nutcracker- Pre-Primary Ballet with Maddie/ Onny
11. Degas – Grade 4 Ballet
12. DJ- Junior Hip Hop
13. Bust a Move- Senior Tap
14. High School Musical- 12 years Performance
15. Sharpay- Junior Jazz
16. Welcome to the 50s- Intermediate Tap
17. *5pm performance only – Princesses- Angelina Class
18. Tiny Tots Finale’ with Madeline Gibson and teacher assistants
DRESS REHEARSALS- FRIDAY, 2nd DEC 4-7pm
STUDENTS IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SHOW NEED TO BE THERE BY 3.45pm dressed and ready for rehearsals. They can be collected at 7pm.
19. Chicago – Senior Performance
20. Goodship Lollipop – Little Stars featuring Charlotte Scott
21. Inter/Advanced Tap
22. Strings Ballet- Senior Ballet
23. Abba- Junior Tap
24. Michael Jackson- Boys Class
25. Intermediate Hip Hop
26. Surfs Up- 8 years Jazz
27. Bowie Jazz- 10 years Jazz featuring Liberty McCarthy & Hannah Coote
28. Step Up- Senior Hip Hop
29. Queen Tribute- 12 years Jazz
30. Madonna Medley- Senior Jazz
31. Purple Rain- Junior Modern
32. Prince Tribute- 14 Years Jazz
33. Farewell Dance
34. Hallejuah- Senior Modern
35. SLIDESHOW 2016
36. FINALE’- all students
JUNIOR TAP STUDENTS & LITTLE STARS STUDENTS CAN BE COLLECTED AT 6PM BUT ARE WELCOME TO STAY TO REHEARSE FINALE! Any students from the first half of the show who wish to come back for Finale rehearsal are very welcome and that would be between 6-7pm.
Notes for Concert Day Organisation, Hair & Make Make Up and other exciting information will be given out during class in the weeks leading up to concert. All notes will also be posted on the blog and a link given on our FB page.
Stay Calm and Sparkle!